|Click to enlarge|
- ~126 bpm
- Sinus rhythm
- Subtle sinus arrhythmia
- Normal (~85 deg)
- PR - Normal for age (100ms)
- QRS - Normal (80ms)
- QT - 280ms (QTc Bazette 420 ms)
- rSr' pattern V1
- Baseline artefact
- P wave in II notched but normal height (<3mm) and duration (<90ms)
- U wave in lead V3
- Apparent high voltageds in precordial leads
- Leads II.III,V1,V5,V6 within normal limits for age adjustment
- Normal age adjusted ECG
- Read more about the ECG changes associated with paediatric ECG's at the Life in the Fast Lane ECG library link below.
What happened ?
The patient has a viral induced wheexe and required admission for ongoing bronchodilator therapy and supplemental oxygen. References / Further Reading
Life in the Fast Lane
- Chan TC, Brady WJ, Harrigan RA, Ornato JP, Rosen P. ECG in Emergency Medicine and Acute Care. Elsevier Mosby 2005.