|Click to enlarge|
- 78 bpm
- Sinus rhythm
- Single PAC seen in leads V1-3
- PR - Normal (~140ms)
- QRS - Normal (100ms)
- QT - 400ms (QTc Bazette 455ms)
- ST Elevation leads aVR, V1, V2 - all <1mm
- ST Depression leads II, III, aVF, V3-6
- Prominent T waves leads I, II, aVL, V2-3
- ST changes suspicious for ACS
- The patient had ongoing chest pain and was taken for urgent angiography
What happened ?
The angiogram showed no coronary vessel disease but Takotsubo pattern cardiomyopathy.
Check out some great cases from Dr Smith's ECG blog on Takotsubo here:
References / Further Reading
Life in the Fast Lane
- Chan TC, Brady WJ, Harrigan RA, Ornato JP, Rosen P. ECG in Emergency Medicine and Acute Care. Elsevier Mosby 2005.