This week's ECG is from a 27 yr old female who presents with weakness and lethargy.
Click to enlarge
- Sinus arrhythmia
- PR - Normal (~140ms)
- QRS - Normal (80ms)
- QT - 410ms (QTc Bazette 465 ms)
- ST Elevation lead aVR
- ST Depression leads II, III, aVF, V3-6
- U waves infero-lateral leads
- ECG features of hypokalaemia with a consistent clinical history
- QTc Prolongation
- U waves
- ST segment changes
What did the patient's bloods show ?
Hypokalemia ECG's on the Web
- ECG of the Week - We've had some examples of hypokalemia previous check them out here & here.
- Dr Smith's ECG Blog - multiple great examples of hypokalaemic ECGs here.
- Dr Ken Grauer's ECG Interpretation - A great walk through of ECG changes in hypokalaemia here.
- Amal Mattu's ECG Video - ECG findings in severe hypokalaemia here.
References / Further Reading
Life in the Fast Lane
- Hypokalaemia ECG here
- Hypokalaemia cases
- Hypokalaemia overview
- Chan TC, Brady WJ, Harrigan RA, Ornato JP, Rosen P. ECG in Emergency Medicine and Acute Care. Elsevier Mosby 2005.